24 Jan This Is Why You Need to Visit the Chiropractor in 2018
Resolutions are great! They give us hope that the new year will bring with it lots of positive change and growth. We know that January usually starts off with a bang and deep dedication to our resolution. But then February gets a little more challenging. March comes around and you might have fallen off the wagon. Forget about the rest of the year.
Our McAllen chiropractic doctors at Hendrick Wellness Center understand how challenging it can be to stick to our health and personal goals throughout the year. But with the right support system and chiropractor by your side, you can make 2018 the year you take your health back. If you were plagued by back pain and injuries in 2017, then this is why you need to visit the chiropractor in 2018.
2018: A Great Year Ahead
If you have been considering visiting a McAllen chiropractic clinic but weren’t quite sure of the benefits then consider the following.
- Manage that pain.
Whether it’s because of injury, sports, or age, spinal and back pain can inhibit your ability to truly enjoy life. But chiropractic care can change all that. The right treatment plan will help to alleviate tension and pain across the back, neck, head, joints, and other tender areas of the body. Uncontrolled pain can really put a dent in your quality of life. You deserve to have 2018 be the year you get it back.
- Sound mind, sound body.
The alignment of your spine is essential not only to your physical but mental wellbeing as well. Chiropractic care allows your nerves to function properly and can effectively maintain your nervous system. That means improved physical and mental health in 2018!
- Improved flexibility.
With improved spinal health comes improvements to your muscular system especially to your legs, neck, and back. Chiropractic care can enhance your flexibility and the mobility of your muscles, meaning better exercise routines and recovery time.
- Improved overall health means less time sick (and less spent on medical bills).
Chronic issues with your back, neck, or other area can mean more time spent at the doctor’s office. This could potentially lead to less time at work (i.e. reduced pay) while simultaneously increasing the amount of money you spend on your medical bills. Quality chiropractic treatment can prevent some of these trips to the doctor (and the bills that come with it).
- Au naturel.
Understandably, more and more individuals want to deal less and less with medications and pain pills to help them handle any physical ailments. The chiropractic services Hendrick Wellness Center offers are a completely natural, holistic, and drug-free system that can treat pain at its source. Whether it’s dealing with spinal imbalances caused by an injury or issues with body alignment, chiropractic care is the ideal, non-invasive care you deserve.
- Give your immune system the boost it needs.
The importance of a healthy spine alignment cannot be overstated. The spine is intricately linked to many functions of your body and immune system. Many patients have found a meaningful boost to their immune system whenever they begin chiropractic treatment. A stronger immune system is always welcomed.
Additionally, the improvements in mobility and flexibility can mean an enhanced enjoyment in the regular activities you participate in. At its root, chiropractic care can make living much more enjoyable. And being happy is extremely valuable to both your mental and physical health.
- It’s safe.
Most people do not realize it but chiropractic care is safe for patients of all ages. In fact, even pregnant women and children can even receive chiropractic care. Additionally, chiropractic care can be coupled with other treatments to enhance their effectiveness and improve your overall health.
Extra Tips to Become the Healthiest You in 2018
Aside from chiropractic adjustments, which have been shown to reduce stress hormones and boost antibodies in the body, there are a number of additional healthy-living tips that should be taken into consideration to really make 2018 a year to remember including:
- Make time for yourself. Try to set aside some personal time where you can meditate, take a walk, or just get away from all those tech gadgets and do something you enjoy.
- Don’t forget to stretch. Stretching in the morning will help to warm up your body and improve flexibility, especially as you age.
- Stop smoking. Smoking is just horrible for your health and can increase your risk of arthritis and other spinal conditions. January is a great month to quit because of the extra New Year’s motivation.
- Eat those greens. Vegetables that are high in magnesium and calcium, such as broccoli, spinach, lentils and beans, help to decrease your risk of osteoarthritis and back pain.
- Try to exercise at least 30 minutes a day. Not only do you decrease your risk of a number of diseases, reduce your stress hormones, and just generally keep yourself healthy but exercising also helps you to lose that extra weight that can burden your spine and joints.
- Smile! Laughing and smiling throughout the day help to relieve mental stress as well release a number of endorphins that are good for your health.
Our McAllen chiropractors at Hendrick Wellness Center are ready to help you change your life in 2018!
Are you looking for a qualified chiropractor in McAllen? At Hendrick Wellness Center we provide quality chiropractic services to help you stay healthy in the new year. Contact us today at 956-630-2255 to schedule an appointment and let us help you take care of your lower back pain, neck pain, issues with posture, or just to help you maintain your overall health.