01 Nov Amazing Chiropractic Facts You Should Know
One of the toughest things for anyone to overcome is fear of the unknown. Many times, the less we know about something, the less likely we will take the time to learn about it ourselves.
At Hendrick Wellness Center, we know that there is a lot of misinformation, myths, and uncertainty that surrounds chiropractic care.
Laughter may be the best medicine for many things, but a little information can be much more effective when deciding whether chiropractic care is the healing solution you need.
The following list is a small taste of the what chiropractic care is all about:
- In their 4-year doctoral program, a doctor of chiropractic (DC) will undergo over 4,200 hours of training. Their program includes a combination of classroom instruction, lab work, and internships.
- That training has been completed by over 95,000 practicing doctors of chiropractic worldwide and nearly 10,000 more chiropractors-to-be are currently studying in programs in the United States.
- Those DCs work in over 40 different countries across the globe and DCs are licensed to work in all 50 U.S. states once they complete their doctoral degree program.
- A lot of different treatments claim to be for everyone, but chiropractic care truly is. Even babies and young children can benefit from visits to the chiropractor. Birth can be a strain on a baby and learning to walk, playing, sports, and school backpacks can also affect a child’s back as they grow and develop.
- People who regularly visit their chiropractor love the level of treatment they get. Doctors of Chiropractic have established a reputation for providing great patient care, taking a holistic approach to each individual patient. The clear communication and interaction regularly results in high patient satisfaction.
- Chiropractic patients experience better health in the long-run than people who don’t get treatment from a DC. A 7-year study done on people whose primary healthcare option was a chiropractic showed they had lower pharmaceutical costs, less outpatient surgeries, and fewer admissions to a hospital and days once admitted.
- Most insurance programs cover chiropractic care because of its preventative value versus drugs and surgery. In fact, a study conducted in the Journal of Manipulative and Physiological Therapeutics in 2010 found that visiting a chiropractor for lower back pain saves 40% on health care costs versus initiating care with a medical doctor. The study also found that insurance companies that fail to cover chiropractic care for lower back pain actually end up paying more for care in the long run.
- Are you an active individual? If you love to exercise and participate in any number of sporting activities, you should know athletes benefit from chiropractic care. The methods used by a chiropractor can help to improve your range of motion which may prevent future injuries. Not only do all 32 teams in the NFL use doctors of chiropractic in treating their players but top athletes in other sports like Jordan Spieth, Andy Murray, and Usain Bolt all use and advocate incorporating chiropractic care.
- Chiropractic was established in 1895 here in the United States by Daniel David Palmer, following in a tradition of spinal manipulation that dates back over 2500 years.
Come learn more about how chiropractic care can help to give you new life at Hendrick Wellness Center.
This little snapshot doesn’t do chiropractic the justice that it deserves but it is a good starting point for anyone considering treatment.
The best source of information will always be a trained chiropractor. Hendrick Wellness Center has the answers to all your questions and the experience to provide you with the healing care your body needs.
Contact us today at 956-630-2255. We’d love to talk about how we can take care of you.